Thursday, April 3, 2008

Welcome home, Abbott!



Well, the past several days have been a whirlwind, that's for certain. When I last blogged, I was expecting to go into the hospital on Friday, March 28th and have a baby. That did not happen. Instead, on Thursday night, March 27th, I came down with a stomach bug. After getting sick most of the night and seeing no signs of it stopping by the time I was to go in for the c-section, I called my doctor to see what to do. She said we needed to reschedule and let me recover and get hydrated. Bummer for all those waiting to meet the baby, but good for my poor body, which was wrecked after a night of getting sick with a belly as big as mine was. We were rescheduled for Saturday, March 29th at noon. Thankfully, everything went well the night before and I was able to go and have this baby! Abbott Daniel Pruitt was born Saturday, March 29th at 2:38 pm. He weighed 10 pounds even and was 21 inches long.


5 comments:

Angela said...

Awww! He's adorable. Cogratulations!!

Holli said...

Congratulations on your new little bundle of cuteness! He is ADORABLE! Hope you, Ryan, and Abbott are all doing well. :)

-Marc and Holli

Jenny Lynn said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to meet him. I hope you are recovering well!

anna said...

Congrats! I also left a message on your facebook. He is so sweet and you can definately see both you and ryan in him. Good luck with everything and enjoy it. God bless ya'll!

WoodLE said...

I love him already. What a wonderful little face! I hope all are well. I am so happy for you all. I think a trip north shall be made quite soon!