I went to the doctor yesterday morning and here is the scoop: After the ultrasound to estimate the fetal weight, Abbot is already at approximately 8.5 pounds! I still have 3 weeks to go! The doctor doesn't want to induce because I have not really started to dilate yet so our plan of action is to wait and see what happens and know that a C-section could be an option when he decides to come. I suppose that if he does decide to come early then we know he won't be struggling for weight!
I talked to Mom after my appointment and found out that there are several 9 pounders (and up) that run in the family. I suppose we're just made to birth big ole' babies!