Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween Weekend/Ryan's Birthday

I know it's a little late, but some of our Halloween pictures were too cute not to share. Halloween for Abbott and I began on the Friday before when we attended Halloween parties at High Hopes. The kids all dresses up and I thought it was only fitting that I dress up too.

Have you ever seen Mary Poppins this happy?!
Abbott enjoyed his cupcake with neon green frosting....a lot.
Cutest. Mickey. Ever.
Saturday, Ryan had to work so Abbott and I headed out to Pumpkinfest in downtown Franklin. It's a great little festival full of fun games and vendors and lots of cute costumes. I do need to tell you that Abbott was the cutest child there, hands down.

We took this picture before we headed to Pumpkinfest. Isn't he so cute?
Sunday was Ryan's birthday (I would insert an old joke here but he is younger than me so it just doesn't seem right) and he had to play at the vineyard that afternoon. We all packed up and headed down to spend the afternoon celebrating Ryan and listening to him play.

The future of rock and roll?
Self portrait.
Ryan had a request of carrot cake and red velvet cake for his birthday cake...he couldn't make up his mind I guess. This cake that I made him is both....one side carrot cake and the other side red velvet cake. All with cream cheese frosting and ALL from scratch baked fresh that morning. Yes, I love my husband. :)

Grammie bought Abbott his very own special halloween cake that he, of course, devoured and loved.
Cake makes him happy. As his Aunt Jami always says, "There is just something about cake!"

We had a great weekend celebrating! Wished everyone could have been there with us!

2 comments:

Jami said...

There IS just something about cake!

Audra Lynn said...

great pictures! i love your costumes. :)