Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tornadoes

We had some weather come through last night, but it didn't hit my street. This is the same system that I found out has killed 47 people so far so it looks like we really were being watched over.

Even though the storms passed over relatively quickly and our tornado warnings and watches had expired, the sirens went off in Nashville ALL NIGHT LONG. Every time I woke up to use the bathroom (which is quite frequently at this point in the pregnancy) they were going off. It was a lovely experience. So now here I am at work, teaching 11 4/5 year olds (who also probably lost sleep last night) on probably about 5 hours of total sleep.

Patience.....wearing......thin.....very......thin......

1 comment:

Cornelius Crew said...

I didn't even know about the storms til a couple of hours ago. I'm so glad that you were spared from the storms. I guess every one in knoxville was okay?